Monday, February 7, 2011

1 day down...lots more to go.

I'm finally in bed. I had a great first day! We did inprocessing and found out where we would be staying. Im staying in the village, which has actual houses and no dorms. I really like all of my housemates so far. There are 4 vegetarians and 3 non. So meals should be quite interesting here (especially since im such a picky eater). Everyone I've met so far have been awesome. I've become friends with a few girls from a different house down the street.
We got our uniforms (which we start wearing on Wednesday), sleeping bag, and red spike bag. It was hard saying bye to my mom today. I will definitely miss her. And my dad. And my brother. And my friends. But this is definitely going to be one of the best experiences of my life.

Pics to come later!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, you are so fortunate to have such a loving and close-knit family. One of our former pastors said often that everyone needed a human life support system. Since I have always lived far from family, my support has mainly been my friends. I am hoping that you can form such strong connections with your fellow Americorpsites that you will have a caring support system wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete