Monday, February 7, 2011

2:52am and I'm still awake

So I'm laying in bed at the hotel in Maryland, desperately wanting to sleep, but not able to. Maybe it's because I'm excited? Or nervous? At least this is better than the day my family took me to college. I was so nervous I was throwing up! (So far so good).

I had a great last night with my family (minus my dad. I love you dad. Wish you couldve been there). I'm very close to my family, so it will be hard leaving them, but I know that in just a few hours I will be meeting my new Ameri-family. (It's going to be hard to top how awesome my family in VA..and arkansas and new hampshire and florida are).

We had some time to kill before the superbowl so we drove over to campus. There isn't much in Perryville/Perry Point, but it sure is gorgeous. It's quiet and small (much different than back home). Campus is right on the Chesapeake Bay. It's going to be awesome waking up to that for a month.

In 7 hours I will be starting a new chapter in my life. I'm so ready.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment:

  1. Alyssa, I am so happy for you as you start on new and exciting venture. I hope you absolutely love working with Americorps. I am sure they will love having such a bright, upbeat young woman with them. Wishing you all the best. Aunt Da

    ReplyDelete